Saturday, March 15, 2008

the real March Madness

Echoing ESPN, this year the NBA has better players, better games and better story lines than the NCAA tournament. Which will you watch?

db-
Coming into this season I said it was going to be a good year and I couldn’t wait and so far it’s proven me right. the west is just so hard to say anyone man, cuz yea there’s 8 spots but to me any of those 8 can make a run or at least the top 5. but I don’t know man, the lakers and kobe, who I love as a player, are playing like they know this is their shot at it but at the same time you’re the champs until you get beaten so yea, spurs might not get a lot of air time but come playoff time they simply do what they do and win. They’re not out here trying to look coo or show off, they just simply win and it is what it is ya know. I feel like dirk might be a great player but sad to say might lack a lil heart feel me? I wouldn’t mind my man tracy going to the second round so everyone can get off his back! And I’m pulling for this to be his year to do so. Utah looks like a young version of the spurs in the making and Deron Williams is shaping up to be great. But as far as the east in my mind it’s simply between Detroit and the Celtics and I love lebron but I’ll just have to see if he can pull it off again this year. I would love to see my man KG finally get a ring. Dwight howard is awesome, just might not be his time. Can you imagine a celtic/laker final? How sic would that be? I don’t know man; I obviously can’t answer this without some deep pondering. Who ya’ll got?

pd-If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that the Rockets (sans Yao) would be sitting atop the western conference with the Lake Show I probably would have told you to "puff puff give!" But it's no lie, at the time of this posting take a look at the west:



No visine needed thats the Lakers and Rockets sitting on top of the western conference! I'm a big fan of this seeding! Truth be told I've never been a fan of the Rockets but I am a fan of the game no less and what the Rockets are doing is history. The shift in power is a great thing to see. The top west contenders are no longer at the top, San Antonio -5, Dallas-7, Phoenix-6. Replaced by a new crop, L.A.-1, Houston-2, New Orleans-3 (no denying ya boy CP3). The battle in the west is anyones game, as a Denver local it's hard to see the Nuggets on the outside looking in (especially when they're carrying a better record than 5 eastern conference playoff teams. The good news is that there is still a lot of ball to play and the top 8 teams are separated by only 4 1/2 games. Not to mention we all know that playoff ball is a whole notha' game!

In the east I have to agree with db, it's kinda hard to bet against the Pistons and the Celtics. Of course we'd like to see King James make another run, but are the pieces of the puzzle the Cav's acquired the right pieces? Other than Chauncey & CO. and the BIG3, sorry to say I really dont see anyone else making noise.

Let the chips fall where they may, hopefully with the correct seeding will see some exciting playoff matchups to nightcap an exciting season.

No comments: